Timestamp: 6/28/2009 7:16:00 PM


Like the world, I too am very upset and shocked with the death of Michael Jackson. He impacted my life through his music. His family is from my generation and like I posted the minute I heard of his death at my Facebook status…. Michael Jackson was the soundtrack of my life. My favorites musicians…. Luther Vandroff, Barry White, Marvin Gaye and now Michael Jackson are gone… such beautiful talent…gone. Thank God we still have Stevie Wonder and Lionel Richie......

I am sitting here watching CNN covering "the stars walking on the Red Carpet for the BET awards night”. This is WHAT I WOULD LIKE to know… Before Michael Jackson (MJ) passing, was MJ invited to the BET Music Awards???????????????????? Was MJ even on the list as a guest? Was his music planned to be at the BET Awards? I THINK NOT!

A tribute to MJ is very nice and I hope they concentrate on MJ videos and music, but I am quite sure that we will see a lot of the “stars” singing MJ songs or do the moon-walk…. But I am wondering…. IF MJ did not pass away, would they still welcome him? Huuummmmmmmmmmm…. Good question indeed……….

I know we ALL have our memory of MJ songs and in one way or another , his songs reflected something in most of our lives. Most of his songs were favorites of mine….The song “Ben” always made me think of the mice that I grew up with! (Too long to talk about right now). When Donna and I danced professionally, the first few songs that we did in “live music videos” was Thriller and Beat It (and Bond 007 theme song! hehe)

I am curious to see how this BET show will turn out…I hope it will be truly a dedication to MJ instead of the stars and media feeding off of his death. So many "dedications" from these "stars" are all of a sudden appearing............ hummmmmmmmmmmmmm.... One favor pleaseeeeeeeeeeee.... Do not make this into a "race" thing!!!!!!!! Remember... Michael Jackson was not about race! He loved all races! PLEASEEEE..... I hope they do not make the tribute and MJ death a "race thing".... Remember his song... "Black or White".. It doesn't matter if you are black or white.......

It is truly amazing how MJ touched everyone in the world. In my mom’s generation, it was Elvis…. In my generation… Michael Jackson…. Who will it be for my children’s generation?

You will be missed Michael Jackson. Your songs will be appreciated with the angels above. Find peace Michael.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Feedback on my article in the CoSoZo Living Magazine & my Reply

Listen to a Child