The Pain of It!

I had some major oral surgery Friday morning. Dr. Boutros and his Assistant, DJ are the best and such caring people! I truly felt comfortable with them! I had one dental inplant (this is my 3rd now) and three extractions. One of the extractions was my lower right wisdom tooth. I was told all three extractions were extremely difficult. What should have taken one to 1.5 hours, took two hours in surgery.

I have been in severe pain since Friday! I am normally a tough girl! I normally can take anything and nothing could stop me... until now! Perhaps it is old age creeping up on me....

THANK GOD for Nene taking over my classes this week! What am I going to do without Nene! She has been such a blessing! The entire team has been wonderful! I feel so blessed!

This is Day 6: I called the doctors office again this morning and told them that I was not expecting this pain to stay with me so long... They said that they are not surprised!! They should have warn us... Nino said (when we were walking out), that they kept giving him a strange face and letting him know by their facial expressions, "you must get her meds as soon as you can... she will need it.."

I wished they could have warned me of this pain, it would have been easier to deal with. I can take pain BUT when the pain feels like someone is cutting off my jaw, from ear-to-ear, and it is way tooo intense! I know I must sound like a baby, but those that know me, know that I can teach (literally) with a broken foot - The only time my life takes a "pause" is if I feel nausea... That is the only time I have to stop what I am doing and use mind over matter... anything else I normally can deal with.

Am I glad I did this? LOLOLOL Nino asked me that this morning! LOLOL He said IF you knew it was going to be like this, would you have done it? The answer... NO! LOL Seriously, I am glad to get this over with. ONE more Implant to get in 3-4 months and I will be fine for a long time! Dang, I never thought I would go through the dental implant thingy again, but I have no choice at this point.

I am going to act like it is a normal day today.... I plan to cook a slow-cooked yummy meal for Nino and Tati tonight. In class, I plan to teach with hand cueing only.... My stiches are healing nicely and I do not have any swolleness, only the pain of something sawing off my jaw at the bones under my ears... speaking of ears.... my right ear has a lot of pain too. I still cannot eat anything but soup, icecream and soft toast... I have to eat the toast with my front teeth.

Enough complaining... this will be over with soon!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Feedback on my article in the CoSoZo Living Magazine & my Reply

Listen to a Child