The Mind

The Mind

Today I plan to concentrate on how we present ourselves to others. I have noticed, the closer that I get to 50, the more I witness too many friends and family members suffering from illness or death. Let's face it... as every year passes us by, we realize there are more aches and pain and more memory loss... So, with that being said... Live as though this is the last day of your life, for this very second is now part of your past.
For the Mind: As I age, my mind is changing fast... It is harder to remember things... I have to read emails twice or more or else I will not be able to reply properly because I overlooked something! So many times I catch myself standing somewhere forgetting WHY I went there in the first place - I do that in a conversation too - I would be in mid-sentence and totally forget what the heck I was talking about! I can only laugh at myself, because I don't want to mess up my makeup and cry about it!

In my mind, I tell myself everyday to think positive. I believe in mind over matter. Sometimes it is hard, but most of the time it seems to work. If you carry yourself in a positive way, it shows in your posture, attitude, and overall appearance. As with negativity, unfortunately it shows the world that too!

Your self-image might include past trauma, abuse, or injury. Negative thoughts and feelings might be trapped in your body, holding you back from better health. Are you stuck in a holding pattern of negativity and self-doubt? I say...Take it to the door, and walk away from it! That is what I did! I work with my past trauma and abuse and changed it into something positive! Whenever my mind starts to wonder, I tell myself... IF I were able to live my life... RIGHT NOW... the way it is NOW.... I would relive my life all over again... with the pain and abuse... just to get to this point in MY life again!

Do me a favor, take a few minutes one day and "people watch". Watch the people walking by you. Just by their appearance and the way they walk, shows so much of their personalities! Now look at yourself and see how you project yourself to the public. How will others see you? Don't give me the excuse.... I don't care what others say about me attitude, because no matter what we say... WE DO CARE!
Hold your head up high, not in a conceited attitude, but in self-confidence.

Hold your abdominals in. (Remember the 24/7 abdominal workout that I told you about? By holding your abdominals in, it corrects your posture and gives you a flair of self-confidence.)

SMILE and LAUGH a LOT! Don't take life so serious! What is the purpose of walking around with a frown? Smile... just because! Your smile and laughter will rub off on someone else without you realizing it!

Wake up EVERY MORNING with at least ONE positive sentence to self! Say at least one thing about yourself that you like! e.g., This morning I woke up at 5:00am and I heard the birds singing outside of my bedroom window. Since I cannot sleep, I decided to get up and open my window in my office and hear the birds and my water fountain while I sit here and write this.... Ahhh such a beautiful morning with nature surrounding me! (Why be grumpy and have an attitude because I cannot sleep! It IS a beautiful morning and I thank God for giving it to me!)

Go to bed EVERY NIGHT and think of ONE positive thing that happened to you that day. e.g., Most of you know the severe pain I have been having with my jaw and teeth... Even with this pain, I go to bed with this being part of my thoughts... I am blessed to have my life... I am also happy to be able to have less pain today and was able to manage the pain today....by January 2011, I will be able to have my big smile back....


What will your inner thoughts tell everyone in your appearance today?
NEXT FM eNEWSLETTER will cover... For Fitness & Health

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Feedback on my article in the CoSoZo Living Magazine & my Reply

Listen to a Child