Hello Everyone,

Thank you for reading my story. I wanted to add that I did not write it to have a sad story or to speak negatively about SVSF. Something deep inside of me needed to write it and I wanted to go with my intuition.

I am learning that some of the workers did not know why some of us were placed there. I only wrote of my experience of how we were placed there and not of my time spent there. My entire time there was not that bad. I remember only one worker (Yes, I will say her name, Rosemary) that was very mean and should not have been there taking care of any children, (I hate to admit this too, but the nuns were not nice either).

I feel all of the choices that I made, from the minute I was forced into the system, made me who I am today. Let me explain... I am very open about my childhood and who I am. I strongly feel, if I had to go through what I went through in my childhood... to get to the point where I am today, I would relive my entire life the exact, same way.

Instead of turning to alcohol or recreational drugs (I do have my own story with a Medical Doctor and prescription drugs), Donna and I focused on how we could help other people. We were determined not to be another statistic. Fitness was our answer and 32 years later we are still in this profession :-) Of course we had many chapters in our lives and the plot continues to change every day, but we stayed focused and continue to help other people and in return it gave us validation to "live".

We still struggle with certain feelings, severe anxiety, and depression, but we stay motivated, positive, and focused. Perhaps some people think that we "work 24/7 so that we don't have to think" and maybe that is the case, but why go on a track of negativity and self-destruction when there is absolutely nothing you can do to change the past? Just move forward and hope for the best :-)

[Saying this in general] We all have our stories and we all took different roads to get to this point in life. It is nice to look back at the good times and learn from the bad times. We should never use excuses to validate something that we know is hurting us, either mentally, emotionally, or physically. Every morning we all should wake up with a smile and continue to have a "grin" throughout the day! Keeping that grin plastered on your face the entire day WILL change your life.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Feedback on my article in the CoSoZo Living Magazine & my Reply

Listen to a Child