Let it go and Move Forward

There is a reason why things are moving in a circle for Donna and me.  Donna just called me and asked if I watched Joel Osteen this morning.  I did not, because I hardly watch TV in the early mornings.... Joel Osteen message today.... "Move Forward".  SO, I looked it up at the Osteen website.
A new light to a very sour ending of a relationship I had only a few short years ago... Diamond came to me and wanted to become part of our team of Fitness Instructors. She never taught fitness before, but had a desire to learn. Everyone warned me about her, but I felt there was something very special about her. We became very close and spent a lot of time together. For over two years I mentored her and taught her everything I knew about fitness and the business. I trusted her and loved her like a sister.  She told me how she mentored this lady in her massage business and how that lady took full advantage of her. At the end of our relationship, she did that same, exact thing to me.  Not only did she take away all of our team’s music, routines, forms, business, etc, she took away the little trust that I had in people.
I hated her for what she did to me for a very long time. I wanted to tell the world all about her and warn the world that behind her friendly smile is a conniving, vindictive person.  She can easily turn people to her and trap them in like she did me. I guess I was angrier at myself for allowing someone to do that to me.
After going through the process of anger, hurt, and not trusting anyone, I decided to use this “feeling” and turn it into something positive. Almost two years ago, I wrote a letter to her and told her that I forgave her for everything. I said that I will pray for her and hope that life will be kind to her. I released the pain that she caused me.
She is now a very successful Fitness Instructor. I feel that I gave this gift to her and I was put into her life to do this for her. I gave her a gift without realizing it until now. It was meant for her to come into my life and end our relationship so that she could be where she is at now.  Of course she will never tell anyone the truth of how she made it or how she became a Fitness Instructor, but that is okay, because I know the truth and so does she.
I am happy that she is successful now and that she can smile and do what she truly loves. I am happy that she doesn’t have to struggle anymore and that she is using a talent that I saw in her when no one else would, (she went to another fitness company before coming to me and they turned her away).
I feel a sense of responsibility for her success and can now smile that “she is now teaching more than 50 students at a time!”  (She used to say to me in class… “Wow Debbie, I wish I had 50 students to teach…”  I kept saying to her, “You will and more!”  Look at her now!)
Perhaps there is someone in your life that took away from you or you trusted someone and they took that trust away for selfish reasons. Maybe you feel hurt and anger about something that you were not expecting… just let it go. I PROMISE things happen for a reason. At the time we may not see the reason, but one day we will.
I believe there is good in all people; we just don’t see it at times. Perhaps Diamond’s purpose to treat me like that and to get her to the place where she is now has its purpose. Guessing at the purpose will do nothing for my life, so I just let her become part of my past.  I wish her well and much success! I pray that she will continue to succeed, but never like what she did to me, to do to someone else.  My relationship with her taught me a huge lesson too and I thank her for that lesson to make me a better person.
Let go and move forward.  There are reasons for the things that you may be angry or hurt about, but just know that it may involve something bigger and brighter for your future. Again, treat everything as a stepping stone to better things in your life.

Much love and happiness to you all!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Feedback on my article in the CoSoZo Living Magazine & my Reply

Listen to a Child