Timestamp: 3/6/2009 10:27:46 PM

I am always thinking about my classes:

How to improve my teaching technique.
How to satisfy the needs of each student.
How to keep the students coming back for more.

I strive to succeed in every class that I teach. When I am up there in front of them, I look forward to their smiles, determination, and goals.

When I teach, I smile all the time (as they well know) because of many reasons…..

It makes me happy to see everyone getting into the class!
I laugh at myself when I KNOW I mess up and hopefully no one will know because I have that ugly smile plastered on my face!
I have to admit, I also like to watch the students… I like to see the expressions on some of their faces…. The way some of them move… I get a warm feeling in me and …yes, it makes me giggle inside!

No one knows this (except for my twin), right before every cool down, I pray. I thank God that the class was successful and I was able to teach it. After 29 years of teaching, I still get nervous and at times I am unsure of myself. That all passes when it is almost time to end the class, When I see the expression on their faces and my Heart Rate Monitor tells me that I succeeded in getting the HR up for the class, I felt it was a great class! After class, when the students come up to me and give me their feedback, it makes my day!

Speaking of my Heart Rate Monitor, I keep a daily log of the results. For someone my age, my Training Heart Rate should be 126-150 (50-85%). My maximum should be 173. At times in class, my HR hits the red zone (hitting over 215!). Something that is very dangerous for me, so that is why I wear my Monitor while teaching so that my students do not get that high! My average lately has been between 140 – 171bpm. Of course, Instructors exert themselves a lot higher than the students.

Below is a pretty good chart that someone could use as their guide. Polar created this chart. If anyone is reading this and
interested in learning more about their Resting Heart Rate and Target Heart, here are the links to my tips at my website:

Learn more about your Resting Heart Rate & Target Heart Rate at my website under "Fit Tips" www.debbielim.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Feedback on my article in the CoSoZo Living Magazine & my Reply

Listen to a Child